Leaves are changing and the flavors are changing to all things pumpkin spice. You know what that means: fall is officially here! To share in the excitement of the changing of the seasons, we asked our Communications Committee to share some of the things that make them look forward to the fall season each year.
Megan, Communications Coordinator for A Book of My Own, says that fall is her favorite time of year! The leaves are changing to their most beautiful oranges and burgundies. The crisp, cool breeze is in the air. A delightful warm latte in hand. And to top things off, a chic blanket scarf and cognac, knee-high boots to complete her cozy outfit.
One of the fall memories that Brandie, Communications Coordinator for Project Hope Pack, has is growing up in the picturesque mountains of North Carolina where the fall season meant driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway to view the beautiful changing leaves.
The Communications Committee can’t get enough of all of the fall fashion. Bring on the scarves and flannel shirts!
- Our social media guru Jillian loves pairing a scarf with a cute long sleeve or quarter sleeve dress and booties!
- Communications Chair, Katie, just LOVES fall fashion! From cable-knit sweaters to soft leather boots to crisp capes to textured layers, autumn style is her favorite!
- bRUNch 5K Communications Coordinator, Britt, is a big fan of wearing vests. Her favorite is from J Crew because you can throw it on over any outfit when the weather gets cooler.
OUTDOORS & EVENTS
Enjoying the crisp, cool days outdoors is also a fall favorite among some of the ladies along with all of the fun traditions that the season brings.
- Sierra, Communications Coordinator for Cookbook, is a big fan of walking to Aromas Coffee and enjoying a warm drink and one of their delicious cinnamon rolls on the patio!
- Apple Picking at her family’s farm is a favorite thing to do for Lakelyn, who is the Communications Coordinator for Done in a Day. Then, she loves to bake all sorts of yummy apple dishes!
- Megan, the Column Editor, always watches Practical Magic once it gets close to Halloween. Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman as witches dressed in amazing late 90s fashion PLUS a stellar soundtrack with lots of Stevie Nicks? Yes please.
- Our Website Editor, Sarah, especially loves Thanksgiving. Specifically, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. She gets together with her high school friends the night before Thanksgiving to have dinner and catch up.
Bringing the aroma of all things pumpkin and spice indoors is also another favorite. A lot of the Communications ladies are crazy about fall candles!
- Our Communications Vice Chair, Jennifer, says Fall is her favorite time of the year. Starting in July, she counts down the days until she can get out her fall scented candles… Kitchen Spice from Yankee Candle is her favorite. The name doesn’t scream fall, but once you smell it, you know scarf and boot season is upon us (which is another great aspect of fall, right?!)
- For American Girl Fashion Show Communications Coordinator, Alysia, nothing christens fall like new candles. Warm hues of crimson and patchouli compliment the season perfectly! Her favorite candles for welcoming in the season are from LAFCO, and her absolutely favorite one this fall is Myrrh Cassis. And if you’re familiar with LAFCO their scents are fitting to areas of the home. This scent is appropriately named Boudoir. Nowhere she’d rather be on a cozy fall day than in some pajamas, hot cup of tea, and snuggled up in bed!
- Assistant Blog Editor, Katy, loves the local candle maker wax buffalo (out of Lincoln, NE). They have a new fall collection that she can’t wait to get her hands on. In Omaha, you can find wax buffalo at Everbloom in the Loveland shopping center (and they will donate 5% of your purchase back to Junior League through TAGG).