In the spirit of fall, I tested out my baking skills with these applesauce muffins. A recipe from the new Junior League of Omaha Cookbook. They’re easy to make, filled my kitchen with the cozy scents of the season and they’re super tasty!
I had most of the ingredients in my kitchen. Straying from the recipe slightly, I opted to use whole wheat flour and baked these as full size muffins because I don’t own a mini-muffin pan.
Once all the ingredients were blended together, I poured my mix into the muffin tray and stuck them in the oven. Despite making larger muffins, they were pretty well baked through in the same amount of time called for in the recipe.
Then, I dipped each delicious muffin top in butter and rolled them in my cinnamon-sugar mix for an absolutely divine topper!
These were simple to whip up and they’re a crowd pleaser! I highly recommend.
If you don’t already have your own copy of A Century of Serving: A Centennial Cookbook Celebration, you can purchase online via the Junior League of Omaha website.
Or, visit one of these local retailers:
- The Afternoon (Midtown Crossing)
- The Bookworm (90th & Center)
- Clarkson Gift Shop (UNMC)
- CornerStone Gift Shop (UNMC)
- The Dapper Dwelling (Countryside Village, 87th & Pacific)
- Everbloom Floral & Gift (Loveland location only, 90th & Center)
- Mine Custom Gifts (114th & Davenport)
- Spruce Interiors & Gifts (50th & Leavenworth)
- Village Grinder (Countryside Village, 87th & Pacific)
Alexandra Stone, Blog Content Creator