Did you know that you can set up your Amazon account to automatically donate to The League in under 5 minutes? Most Amazon purchases are eligible for AmazonSmile and help you pay it forward in our Omaha community. AmazonSmile donates 0.5% donation of all eligible purchases to your chosen organization. From the ease of your phone or computer, you can make a difference in our Omaha community by giving back while you shop for everyday products to the unique Amazon finds!
How does the Junior League of Omaha use donations in our Omaha community?
With over 100 years of meeting volunteer service and experience, the Junior League of Omaha is turning that experience and enthusiasm to address one of Omaha’s most critical and unmet needs – hunger and access to healthy food. According to the Food Research and Action Center, Nebraska is 7th in the nation for food insecurity, and 1 in 6 Nebraska children struggle with hunger (Map the Meal Gap). Fortunately, Omaha has many organizations doing outstanding work to alleviate hunger and provide access to healthy foods. We’re putting our volunteer power behind these community organizations to help grow, harvest and distribute healthy food, and most importantly, provide critical education about nutrition and cooking to the most at-risk populations. In partnership with these organizations, the League is able to amplify their impact, while building out new support and education programs that we are uniquely qualified to tackle.
Our community partners include:
– The Heart Ministry Center
– The Abundance Garden at the Union for Contemporary Art
– The Big Garden
– No More Empty Pots
– Together Omaha
– The Intercultural Senior Center
In addition to working with our community partners to address food insecurity in our Omaha community, the Junior League of Omaha issues local community assistance grants annually. Over the course of the 2019-2020 League year, we were able to issue $5,250 in grants to local programs or projects that support and pertain to the needs, benefits, enrichment and enlightenment of women and/or children.
Since 1992, each May, the League also has the pleasure to award three $2,000 scholarships to female high school seniors who demonstrate outstanding volunteer performance in the community.
How do you set up AmazonSmile?
From the Amazon App:
- Open your Amazon App.
- Open the Main Menu (three horizontal lines at the top left).
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Select “AmazonSmile”.
- Change Charity to “Junior League of Omaha Inc”, if you have not already added AmazonSmile to your account via your browser.
- Turn your phone settings from “OFF” to “ON”.
- Congratulations! You did it! Start donating while you shop right away! Now you’re all set to donate while you shop from Amazon on-the-go!
From your Browser:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.
- Scroll Down to the “Other Programs” Section. Click Change your Amazon Smile Charity.
- Search for “Junior League of Omaha Inc”.
- Select “Junior League of Omaha Inc” as your charity.
- You did it, again! Make sure you never miss an opportunity to donate while you shop & add AmazonSmile to your bookmarks! Click the star where the URL is and that will allow you to add a bookmark from most web browsers!