Junior League of Omaha members Colby Jensen, Alyson Manning and Alysia Radicia won a 2020 Midlands Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award, the 19th edition of the prestigious awards program for Omaha’s entrepreneurs, executives and professionals. This is part of a series recognizing the League members who won the award.
In her nine years with Kiewit, Alyson Manning has had no shortage of accomplishments. Her career highlights include:
- Developed and launched the company’s first Employee Relations & Affirmative Action Center of Excellence, designed to investigate and address employee issues and foster diversity under one business group
- Designed and implemented the company’s first paid maternity and paternity leave policies, and the paid sick leave program; Launched our internal Immigration Department to facilitate obtaining work authorization visas resulting in $1 million of cost savings annually
- Served as member of the COVID-19 Task Force, which has led the company’s efforts to manage this unprecedented epidemic
- Co-leading the Women in Kiewit initiative for the entire company designed to help recruit, retain and advance women within the organization
She is a graduate of Saint Louis University and Creighton University School of Law.
Her advice for young professionals:
- Work hard and push yourself
- Volunteer to help and say “yes!”
- Maintain positivity, composure and confidence even during times of uncertainty
Alyson became a Sustainer after serving as the 2018-2019 Recording Secretary. She also previously held the positions of Executive Vice President, Cookbook Chair and American Girl Models Coordinator Chair, among others, throughout her time as an Active Member.
Outside the League, Alyson has been heavily involved in the community for a decade, most recently serving as the 2020 Wine, Women & Shoes Co-Chair, Children’s Hospital, 2020 (event raised $183,000.00) and the 2019 and 2020 Pinot, Pigs, & Poets Restaurant Chair, Completely KIDs (events raised $400,000-500,000). She is the 2020-2021 Lauritzen Gardens Antique & Garden Show Luncheon Co-Chair for the Lauritzen Gardens (2020 show moved to 2021) and the 2021 Rockin’ Rosie Co-Chair for The Rose Theater.
“Understanding your skills, interests, accomplishments, and values are key components to a successful career,” she said. “Volunteering is an excellent way to learn more about yourself and professional potential. It further offers the opportunity to discover how others perceive you and your strengths.”