This year our League president, Kerri Palmesano has turned our focus towards extending kindness. In the spirit of her theme, “Throw Kindness Like Confetti”, we have included some ways that you too can spread kindness.
- Leave a note tucked in the pages of a book for a stranger to find
- Deliver homemade baked goods to your neighbor(s)
- Pay someone a genuine compliment
- Clean up the trash in a public place
- Offer to run an errand for a busy friend
- Buy a book that you think a friend will like and give it to her
- Hold a door for someone
Our League kicked the year off by learning from Ferial Pearson, the founder of The Secret Kindness Agents. Ferial provided thought provoking conversations with our members this past fall that has catalyzed our work to be more inclusive and equitable. We commend her work to spread kindness and encourage you to watch her TEDx Talk.
Please click here if you would like to join Secret Kindness Agents mailing list.
Kelsey Haswell, Marketing Vice Chair